INDEED… DENTISTRY IS SERIOUS business. But that doesn’t mean we have to take ourselves TOO seriously all the time, right?
9 Dental-Related Fun Facts
1. A typical elephant’s molar weighs nearly nine pounds.
2. In 1994, a West Virginia prison inmate braided dental floss into a rope to escape!
3. The first toothbrush with animal hair bristles was made in China in 1498.
4. A snail’s mouth is no larger than the head of a pin, but can have 25,000 teeth inside!
5. Some of the world’s most choked on objects are toothpicks! Be cautious when picking your teeth or holding one in your mouth.
6. Like cows, humans actually chew side to side—not just up and down.
7. In North America, over 3 million miles of dental floss are purchased each year… Enough to circle Earth 120 times!
8. When you skip flossing, you’re missing 35% of your teeth’s surface area!
9. The first modern(ish) braces were constructed in France in 1728. They were made from metal and string.
Thanks for trusting us to keep your mouth and teeth healthy!
We know it’s a big responsibility and we take it very seriously. Any time you have questions about your oral health, let’s visit.